Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Gazette Posters

From The Wildwood Gazette

I am sure many of you are really good with Photoshop, I am still learning and sometimes it is a struggle with many clicks of the undo button.

but this set of posters for the blog came together quite easily, and because I am very pleased with the end result I thought I would share with you. The photo above is the original I took in world of a sleek tabby with folded ears.

From The Wildwood Gazette
  • Cut the cat out and replace him onto a black background
  • Resized it into a square from a rectangle
  • Painted the edges with black paint and then blurred it with Gaussian Blur

From The Wildwood Gazette
  • Add the font on two separate layers in white
From The Wildwood Gazette

  • On a third layer I added the features and coloured them
  • I took a sample of the colour and retinted the eye of the kitty
  • I slightly sharpened the whole image
  • and save.. taaa... daaa..!
I did'nt do any fancy footwork on these posters, all basic, but still that is the magic of Photoshop, even the faint of heart can use it and create great stuff.
Ionae.

No comments:

Post a Comment